Whether, one supported, the philosophy, preferences, goals, and priorities, of the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump, or, felt, his actions, rhetoric, and plans, were contrary, to the best interests of this nation, and citizens, after, the pre – election, and post – election, events, it should be obvious, we need, to bring this nation, together, for the greater good! In recent memory, few recall, any previous President, who behaved, the way, this one did! When, political fact – checkers, proclaim, he has lied, etc, at an alarming, unprecedented rate, and, continued articulating statements, often – disproven, shouldn’t that, alarm us, in terms of its longer – term, ramifications, on the very – nature, of this nation? With that in mind, this article will attempt to consider, the first 6 things, President Joe Biden, should address, and do.
1. Change the tone (unify, instead of polarize): We need to, change the tone of our political environment, sooner, rather than later! Since, his predecessor, seemed to serve, his core supporters, the new occupant of the White House, must, emphasize, improving the overall atmosphere, of the nation, and, all our people! Perhaps, this means, he must strive, to make America, sane – again!
2. Public health/ Health Care: There must be, something, very wrong, with our approach, to public health (and crises), when, the United States, with approximately, 4.5% of the world’s population, has experienced, about 20% of the planet’s cases, and fatalities. Based on that, we should have had about 75, 000, instead of 300, 000 deaths! It means, Biden must restore public health efforts, to be guided, by the experts, and scientists! In terms of health and medical care, we need a system, where health care, is considered a right, instead of a privilege, for the few, and wealthiest!
3. Climate Change: President Trump’s stewardship, was one of denying the dangers of Climate Change, etc. This has harmed the nation, and the rest of the planet, and President Biden, must restore this to a top priority, and consider, this, in a realistic, relevant, sustainable, responsible way!
4. Environmental protection: For the past four years, we’ve witnessed an apparent attempt to equate environmental protections, such as protecting, clean air and water, with mere, economic costs! If, we don’t, once – again, address reversing these actions, and protecting these, we harm, future generations!
5. Infrastructure: In many areas, especially, older cities, the infrastructure, is breaking – down, and, we must, start, addressing these, before, it’s too late! Roads, bridges, tunnels, mass transit, water supplies, electric delivery (and grid), etc, are all, relevant, sustainable needs, which must be, proactively, protected!
6. Employment/ Jobs/ Wages: We need a more realistic, necessary, minimum wage, which has not been raised, nationally, in decades! Our government, often, paints a prettier picture, than exists, equating employment/ unemployment figures, with economic quality! We need low unemployment, but, must, strive, to make jobs, relevant, to current, and foreseeable needs, etc. In the past couple of decades, the wage – gap, between the wealthiest, and the rest of the nation, has widened, dramatically.
Let’s make America Sane Again! This will only happen, if/ when, President Biden, proceeds, forward, towards achieving these essential goals, needs, and priorities!
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Chicago Headlines journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.